Over the past three days, I have been compiling a list of the things that have made me happy as part of my posts for The Happiness Project. This week was an awesome week for me to do write about happiness because I had lots of fun things going on!
Yesterday I attended an event called WE Day, along with over 20,000 others student leaders who are passionate about social justice. The event featured inspired speakers (my favourite was Marlee Matlin), singers (Nick Jonas, Hozier, and Carly Rae Jepsen to name a few!), and activists (like Craig and Marc Kielburger, who founded Me to We and Free the Children).
If that wasn’t exciting enough, tomorrow I am going to a Taylor Swift concert (!!!!!). So, when all’s said and done, I know I will look back on this week as a happy one. Here are some of the other things that made me happy this week:
- decorating mugs with my friends
- wearing a new sweater I bought, and arriving at school to see one of my friends was wearing the same sweater (which we bought at the same time)
- having this school year’s first Writing Club meeting
- stealing my friend’s chips and cotton candy (that was on September 30th, which is apparently National Food Day… does that justify it?)
- waking up to more gloomy weather (as I mentioned in one of my last posts, I love rain)
- seeing so many inspiring people at WE Day
- buying a Rafiki chain at WE Day (it’s a beautiful bracelet that goes to a great cause – check out this link for more info!)
- reading (I’m currently reading Stephen Chbosky’s The Perks of Being a Wallflower)
- sewing with my mom
- wearing a blanket scarf on the first day that truly felt like autumn weather
- planning for exciting events in Student Council
- tackling homework and feeling good about finishing it
- making t-shirts with my friends for the Taylor Swift concert
- eating cookies (this wasn’t on National Food Day, but cookies are delicious so I don’t feel the need to justify eating them)
What made you happy this week?